Story Submissions are Closed!
Thank-you to everyone who submitted a story. We’ll be sure to announce it here when submissions open again, so keep checking back.
In preparation for the next submission phase, please read the Guidelines for Submission Format carefully and keep it wholly to ensure your story is read. If you have questions about the submission process, please refer to our Submissions FAQ first. If you still have questions they can be sent to email@example.com.
If you submitted a story during this latest phase and do sell your story elsewhere before we have made a selection, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poetry Submissions are Open
In fact, poetry submissions are open year-round. Please follow the link to our Submittable page and click the appropriate button. To increase the chances of a successful poetry submission, please take a moment to read the guidelines once you are there. As with the stories, you can track the progress of your submission via Submittable.
Cover Art Submissions are Open
And like poetry submissions, are always open. You can submit your art for consideration on our Submittable page, and track the progress of your submission there as well.
ON SPEC buys first North American serial (magazine) rights to your work. We pay upon acceptance.
Pay rates are as follows and in Canadian dollars:
- Poems (4-100 lines): $50 plus one contributor’s copy
- Short-short stories (under 1000 words): $50, plus one contributor’s copy
Fiction (6000 words max.)
- 1000-2999 words: $125 plus 2 contributor’s copies plus a One year subscription
- 3000-4999 words: $175 plus 2 contributor’s copies plus a One year subscription
- 5000-6000 words: $200 plus 2 contributor’s copies plus a One year subscription
Extra copies may be purchased at the following Contributor Rates, regardless if the issues is current or a back issue at the time of the order:
- In Canada: $4.00 Cdn each, plus postage (includes GST
- IN USA: $4.00 US each, plus postage
- Overseas: $4.00 US each, plus postage